Railways are one of the most important parts of any community and the Indian Railway system has been providing users with its services for more than 150 years now. The IRCTC or Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Is a government Run organization that is one of the oldest forms of modern transportation in a developing country like India. Railways in India are one of the most amazing forms of transport. Not only the Indian trains are affordable but they are also improving a lot and the quality of services that are offered.
The railway system connects every state in the country and is the largest form of transport that runs on tracks. With every service going online these days the Indian Railways have also made their presence quite notable. Their online reach has also improved with the help of their website.
The IRCTC has also created many applications that would further is out the travel experience for people using the Indian Railways. The IRCTC is certainly the world’s busiest railway ticket and platform system and does it has seen its minor setbacks in the past few years.
The Irctc is the subsidiary of the government organized transportation system i.e. the Indian Railways. Thus, they handle all the catering, ticketing and much more. It is the go-to application for people who are looking forward to traveling easily over the country.
There are many other third-party services already out there which also would help you out with the ticketing needs. But now it is absolutely necessary to have an IRCTC ID in order to book tickets. This has been done to remove any kind of corruption in the railways.
In my opinion it can be a good move and allows the buyer and the government to have direct contact. This way you can save up some good amount of money that you might have to pay to a travelling agent.
How To Register For IRCTC?
Registration for the IRCTC used to be a nightmare before the digitalization and the modernization of the ticketing website. Today the IRCTC website and apps are top of the line with minimalistic issues. Here are the steps using which you can easily buy your tickets:-
- Firstly, open up the browser on your respective devices.
- Head over to the following link – www.irctc.co.in/nget/user-registration
- Now enter your correct credentials.
- Enter your phone number and email ID.
- Solve the captcha and complete the registration.
- You would get an OTP on both your mobile number as well as your email ID to confirm your IRCTC registration.
How To Login IRCTC ID?
To login to your IRCTC ID you are required to have a valid ID and password for the IRCTC website. The website allows you to easily register for the same. To know more about the registration click here. If you have already registered and wish to login. Simply follow the given below steps-
- Open up the browser.
- Enter the following link- https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/train-search
- Now head over to the login page.
- Enter your correct credentials and you’re good to go.
How To Recover Forgot Password?
Sometimes users forget the password of their railways account and are left wondering which email ID or Phone number they had used. This is a really common issue and in case you are also facing a similar issue then worry no more. Hence, here are the steps that would help you out with your lost account:-
- Open up the Railways website on your browser.
- Head over to the login section of the page.
- Now click on the forgot password button.
- Enter your phone number or email ID to receive your USER ID and password.
- You have to now enter the OTP that has been sent your email or Phone number.
- After entering the OTP you are good to go.
- Simply change the password of your railways account and book your tickets
How To Book A Ticket Using IRCTC?
Railway ticket bookings can be a real nightmare if you are trying out the platform for the first time. Third-party sites can really make the process of booking tickets easy. Thus using Paytm can be a great help with your IRCTC ID. Hence we are looking forward to helping all our readers. Here are the steps that would get you going in no time:-
- Open up the Paytm website or app on your device.
- Now simply head over to the train bookings section.
- Enter your travel dates.
- Find out a suitable train that matches your needs.
- Now easily book your tickets by logging in to your IRCTC ID.
- Payment options are all easy with the help of PAYTM.
Recent changes are making things a lot easier for customers who are looking forward to directly buying their tickets from the official website of the railways. The online booking feature is also working for the people who are buying tickets on really short notice. The tatkaal scheme of IRCTC is a useful form of ticket booking while planning a quick trip. We hope to have helped all our readers in easily booking their tickets online.