Having a lightweight and fast web browser nowadays is almost a necessity. There are hundreds of browsers to choose from, but only a select few meet the performance standards and offer the user-friendly interface we require. Microsoft’s Windows 10 is without a beautiful operating system offering high performance. Hence, we wish if we had the best browser for Windows 10 that kept up with its standards.
A good web browser should have a certain set of features that makes it stand out from the rest. For example, it should be able to load web pages quickly and be should be simple and easy to use. Moreover, it should offer good security, by preventing us from accessing harmful websites and downloading malware-ridden files. To help you out in choosing the best web browser, we’ve listed some below with their top features. Check them out!
Fastest Browsers For Windows 10
In this list, some of them you may have heard about, others not so much. But, every single one of the web browsers listed here is optimized for Windows 10 and offers an excellent browsing experience. We could list many web browsers in this list, but we’ve kept it short and detailed to really help you narrow down the best browsers for Windows 10 available right now.
1. Google Chrome
If you don’t live under a rock, you’ll be aware that Google Chrome is probably the most popular web browser out there. It’s simple, fast, and elegant. Moreover, it has tons of apps and extensions to choose from the Chrome Web Store. Chrome is undoubtedly the best browser for Windows 10. The reason for Chrome’s success its open-source browser software known as Chromium.
Chromium can essentially be compiled into any web browser (because it’s open-source), hence multiple web browsers have compiled this into their software. That being said, several top-rated web browsers use Chromium as their core source code. Some examples include Microsoft Edge, Opera, and Amazon Silk.
Features of Google Chrome:
- It has an in-built browser task manager. Press Shift+Esc keys to open up Chrome’s task manager, from here you can end extensions and unnecessary browser services.
- It allows you to restore tabs if your browser crashes.
- Integration with your Google Account.
- Incognito mode for private browsing.
- Cast your screen to other devices using Chromecast.
- Drag multiple tags at once by clicking multiple tabs whilst holding down the Ctrl key.
2. Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge comes pre-installed on Windows 10 and is set as the operating systems default browser. You’re usually quick to install another browser, but before you do, you should understand Microsoft Edge is an excellent browser that offers high-quality performance. We all know how slow and unappealing Internet Explorer was but Edge is nothing like that.
It has competitive speed and it probably has the highest compatibility for Windows 10 with features such as Cortana integration and touchscreen gestures. And recently, with its implementation of Chromium source code in early 2020, it’s faster than ever. Edge is one of the best browsers for Windows 10 as it was optimized for Windows users by Microsoft.
Features of Microsoft Edge:
- Built-in Cortana assistance. An absolutely amazing feature for when you want to interact more with a website. For example, it can display lyrics for a music video, or show you discount coups when shopping only.
- Windows 10 search bar integration. If you’re too lazy to open up your web browser, you can search for anything you want directly from Windows 10’s desktop search bar.
- It allows you to mark and scribble over web pages using Edge’s “Web Notes” feature. This is a pen tool that you can use to highlight text, draw lines and mark images. Most of all, all of these edits can be saved which you can access later.
- Has ‘Reading View’ feature which removes all distracts on the webpage and allows you to focus solely on the content.
Opera isn’t as popular as the other web browsers due to its late entry into the market. But after people began using it, the user interface, the speed, and the sheer top-notch performance was something they couldn’t get their hands off of. The only downside really is that it’s not as customizable as other web browsers and doesn’t have a large community as others to support it.
Features of Opera Browser:
- Opera developers were on the first web browsers to offer support for 360-degree videos to be played directly into VR headsets.
- Since it is Chromium-based, it also has a task manager that is similar to Chrome.
- Has an ‘Opera Turbo’ feature which accelerates your browsing speed by compressing web pages by up to 80% before reaching the user.
- It has an in-built torrent downloader, which allows you to download torrent files without using external software such as uTorrent or BitTorrent.
- Built-in ad-blocker and free VPN.
- Clean and smooth transition within the user interface.
4. Mozilla Firefox
Another popular name in the browser market is Firefox. It has excellent and easy to use interface and is probably one of the fastest web browsers around. It offers great security with its in-built monitor that lets you stay ahead of the hackers by giving you breach reports. Firefox’s Lockwise app lets your keep your passwords and settings safe on every device. Although not as extensive as Chrome’s Web Store, Firefox has a website for add-ons which lets you download all the popular extensions, themes, and more.
Features of Firefox:
- Its open-source nature allows developers all across the world to help improve Firefox’s performance and functionality.
- One of the most customizable web browsers due to its extensive library of add-ons and personas(themes).
- Excellent tab management. If you have a large number of tabs open you can easily reduce its size to a favicon by simply right-clicking it, a really neat and useful feature.
- Firefox’s security is outstanding. It has a pop-up blocker and malware warning that prevents you from accessing harmful websites.
5. Brave Browser
Brave is an excellent browser with high-end security features that block ads that try to track your usage. The coolest thing about Brave Browser that differentiates itself from other popular ones is its in-built Tor tab. This not only hides your web history but masks your location by routing your history through several servers and encrypts your connection. It also has a Brave Rewards system that earns you things like frequent flier tokens when viewing ads.
6. Tor Browser
Tor Browser has an intuitive user-interface designed for protecting yourself against tracking and web-surveillance. Tor browser by default blocks all standard browser plugins such as Flash, QuickTime, and other addons that can be manipulated to identify your IP address. Moreover, it has excellent data encryption and decryption technologies embedded on the client’s side.
Vivaldi is a lightning-fast and underrated web browser that you may not know about. It has a built-in tracker blocker and an ad blocker that allows you to adjust content blocker settings for individual sites. You can customize keyboard shortcuts and use themes such as dark mode. It also features a notepad, which allows you to jot down important points when studying or researching something on the web.
8. Avant Browser
Avant is the browser to use if you’re looking for performance. It uses a three-core rendering engine, namely Trident, Gecko, and Webkit. That means when a web-page has trouble loading you can switch between renders to ensure faster loading times. The user interface looks a little outdated, but its light-weight and puts barely any load on the CPU. It features a built-in video downloader and a download accelerator (multi-threaded to have the fastest download speeds).
16 Best Browsers For Windows 10
Here they are again, the top contenders for the best browser for Windows 10 available today. We’ve also added a few extra browsers to this list that are worth checking out.
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Tor Browser
- UC Browser
- Green Browser
- Slim Browser
With Chrome having up to 60% market share, it’s difficult for other browsers to compete with it. However, the are other browsers listed here provide outstanding performance that is on par with Chrome. We advise you to check them all out and choose the one that best suits your needs.